Monday, June 2, 2014

Short: The skinny on VA problems

Good introductory article on problems with the Veterans Administration (VA), including why it's not going to get better. Excellent comments starting here.

The article talks about the bureaucracy at the VA and also about the intense meddling of veterans' groups. It sounds as though the VA is a fiefdom of veterans' groups, where they dole out jobs and favors. Ugh.

I know very little about the VA or any large bureaucracy--governmental or private. I've always been a first-line worker, never a department manager, and usually worked in small organizations. I have no feel for what happens in a big bureaucracy or for why they grow so large. I'm still a happy hunter-gatherer of sorts, living out my life unaware of the huge states around me. Lucky me... maybe.

Image: thedemocraticdaily.com


No comments: