Sunday, September 16, 2012

Short: The Dilemma of Black Conservative Christians

This article was a glimpse into a different world from mine.

I don't make decisions based on religious tenets or trying to understand which moral choice God would want me to make. But that is what conservative black pastors are trying to do: determine which US presidential candidate is the better choice for a strict Christian. Hint: It's not a slam-dunk for Obama and it never was. This year the choice is especially hard--a anti-abortion, anti-gay marriage Mormon, or a pro-choice, pro-gay marriage unorthodox nominal Christian.

I'm so glad I believe in individual conscience. That is my prescription. Search your heart, analyze your values and the values, policies, and likely outcomes. Know your reasons, then vote your conscience.

... or you can do as your pastor says.
Image: aikenstandard.com

No comments: