Thursday, November 1, 2012

Short: The Economist endorses...

Starting with the Des Moines Register endorsement of Romney, I've looked at some of the newspaper endorsements, mostly to skim their logic... or lack of it. Then I remembered the one endorsement I might care about--The Economist.

Their endorsement came out today. It's a concise but accurate appraisal of Obama's strengths and weaknesses, and also a critique of crypto-Romney. The Economist ends up endorsing the "devil we know." As someone who is rather risk-averse, I can second that.

Update 11/5/12. I forgot to add this, which I wrote elsewhere. It's not the endorsement that matters. It's the logic leading to the endorsement. Read the The Economist endorsement, and any others, and ask yourself whether the arguments are strong, and also ask what is missing. Don't take any argument purely at face value.

Image: stephentall.org

No comments: